Welcome

Welcome to the sweet life of the American cowgirl!

Sienna and Lightnings Mystery

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lightning is gelded!






Ohhh myyy goodness! It finally happened! Lightning is no longer a stallion! He is a gelding!!! So I woke up early this morning, brushed all his winter coat off, and got him all pretty for the vet. When she came out, I brought Lightning into the yard, then the vet sedated him. He took the needle very well. He actually had to take it twice since the first time didn't work haha! Then he fell to the ground, not too hard though, and I was the last thing he saw before he went unconscious. Then I sat and stroked him neck throughout the procedure. He did really well! After it was all done, and he came to, he opened his eyes and saw me rubbing his face. Then he decided he was gonna just stay down and nap! Haha! So we actually had to spray him with the water hose to get him on his feet! After that, Gandalf got his rabies shot and then we took Sienna and Fancy out to the pasture in the end of the field and left Lightning in the pasture by the barn. They are probably still out there whinnying back and forth to each other. Lightning did actually leave the far side of the pasture and let me brush him. He was a good boy all day today. I'm so proud of him and I LOVE HIM SOOOOOOOOOOOO (Ox1000) much!!! The pictures of him in the stall are before the procedure, and the pics of him loose are after. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment